Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Sunstar Realty Ltd. is hiring a full time Operations Manager / Management Assistant
Successful candidate will be working together with a team of professionals overseeing the daily operations of a residential rental properties portfolio, performing the role of communications and operations manager.
- Full time permanent office position (for a more advanced position, vehicle and working outside the office will be required).
- Working in a growing and fast-paced environment.
- Family-run local company with 16 years history in the real estate industry.
- Friendly, easy-going and very positive work environment.
- This is a progressive and dynamic job with future advancement possibility to become property manager or office manager.
- This is long term and stable employment.
- Working directly under and reporting to the owners, no management layers in between.
- Advancement within the company solely depends on abilities, work ethics and contribution to the growth of the company.
- No corporate ladders, no corporate politics, no seniority in your way and no union rules. Increase in salary directly correlates with job performance.
- We are looking for personality, attitude and ethics more than experience or credentials.
- We are looking for someone who will grow with us in the long run.
- For the right candidate, we will train from ground up if there is no previous work experience in the field of property management.
- Fluent and solid command of the English language a must (both oral and written).
- Confident and effective communicator on the phone and with emails.
- Positive and outgoing personality.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must understand and appreciate teamwork.
- Must be very organized and meticulous with paperwork.
- Competent with all basic office computer programs.
- Ability to multi-task is a must.
- Ability to prioritize and monitor work-flow to meet deadlines.
- 2 to 3 years work experience around office environments in management or administration.
Added Assets (but not necessary requirements):
- Experience in the property management industry will be an asset.
- Eloquent and diplomatic communication skills in providing customer service, contract negotiations and disputes resolutions definitely an asset.
- Verbal fluency of the Mandarin and Cantonese languages will be a bonus.
- Previous work experiences in any fields with strong customer service skills an asset, for example: sales accounts manager, front-line customer service rep or call center operator.
- Rental property management license will be required sooner or later.
- Good knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and related Regulations preferred.
- Willingness to work outside the office, evenings and weekends will increase advancement possibilities to higher positions.
- Administration of the company’s rental properties portfolio.
- Communicating & liaising all property management issues amongst our stakeholders including: landlords, tenants, rental agents, contractors, strata managers, government agencies, etc.
- Communicating effectively and on a timely manner to our stakeholders by phone, by email, by letter and/or by fax in accordance with priority rankings.
- Prioritizing and organizing tasks and work-flow to effectively manage timetables and meeting deadlines for multiply ongoing issues.
- Directing and coordinating daily operations with our rental and showing agents.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and managing move-ins/move-outs, and regular property inspections.
- Organizing and supervising property maintenance, insurance claims, and repair/renovation projects.
- Liaising with strata managers, building caretakers and property developers.
- Tenancy application screening and background checks.
- Handling dispute resolutions, contract negotiations and expenses authorizations.
- Preparing and filing of all property management related legal documents such as tenancy agreements, various notices, deposits statements, etc., in a timely fashion.
- Filing NR6 and NR4 forms for non-resident owners.
- Basic office work hours for management trainees.
- Approximately 50 hours a week for qualified operations manager.
- Working outside the office periodically, evenings and weekends appointments will be required for fully qualified and experienced property managers.
Competitive remuneration depending on experience and qualifications. Ranges from $30,000 for the right candidate with absolutely no experience; to any combination of salary and/or commissions for experienced and well qualified candidates. Let us know your salary expectations along with your resume.
If you think your are a right candidate for the job:
- We are very busy office, so please DO NOT call for an interview.
- Send us your cover letter and resume to info@MyBCrental.com
- We appreciate your interest, but reserve the right to contact only short-listed candidates.
Thank you for your time,